28 November 2006

Love is in the air...

Not really for me, as I am in the bad books on two counts. I have encouraged (coerced is probably fairer) Phil to help out with The Wind and the Willows, on this week at the Rhoda in Woking. He has ended up helping by climbing into the gantry, sitting there for the first act and then dropping a rope down at the end. This would be ok, except that he doesn't really like small spaces (or heights), and he had to sit through a very boring tech rehearsal last night for hours, to not really achieve much. To top it all off, I've given him my cold...

No, love is in the air in my living room. The dogs returned from their holiday to Somerset yesterday, and Darcey (mummy dog) is very much in season. Mum doesn't want her to have any more puppies, just yet, so she's currently in the dog-cage in quarantine. Grace is thoroughly confused by it all - the last time someone was in the cage it was her- and William is more than slightly overprotective. God save any burgulars who try to walk past Darcey in her cage for the next week or so. If you should dare to go anywhere near her, he growls like nothing you've ever heard a cottonwool ball growl and looks all mournful and Romeo/Juliet like.

And they call it puppy love....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful photo...it should grace a greetings card, Clare

Liz Hinds said...

My husband, when a student, got a holiday job in the theatre for the panto. His work involved sitting in the gantry and dropping a chicken at the right moment!

Anna is supposed to be here for Christmas but now it looks as if Holly might be in season so we're wondering if Harvey will be able to cope! Or if he'll even notice!

Clare said...

sadly it's not my photo Shirl - it's one I found on the internet by typing in "puppy love"! I would take a photo of the dogs but Darcey is not looking at her best and probably would want to be left alone (in a Greta Garbo style!)
Liz, I hope Holly is not lead astray by young Harvs...That would almost be incestuous!
Word verification has given me honofggg - sound of brain after essay overload!