03 November 2006

Quite the domestic goddess...

Or not, as the case turned out to be. Oh, and it started so well...

I went shopping this week and bought lots of things I could eat for dinner and lunch that weren't pasta. As a student, I do seem to eat an inordinate amount of the stuff and even I was beginning to get bored.

Lo and behold, I still ended up with two pasta-related dishes this week, if you count noodles. Hmm, must try harder. And last night I thought I would cook an omlette. How hard can it be? All was going well and it was looking rather nice, and then I added the eggs...

I ended up with what can only be described as "fried egg mess". Nonetheless, with a bit of Coleman's mustard, it was actually quite appetising. I considered taking a photo of it (as I was writing the blog entry in my head), but didn't want to put you off your dinner. I should, however, have taken a photo of the Thai green curry I made on Monday...mmmm.

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

My omelettes always look like that. People have suggested various ways to make them look like cafe ones but I can't really be bothered. It all tastes the same!

Anonymous said...

Try a Spanish Tortilla next time Clare. St Delia's version has only potato and onion in it (plus eggs, of course), and you cook it all very slowly.

chux said...

hmmmm omelette! To be honest they can be a major disaster, but i thought it was just because my non-stick pan is not so non-stick!

A guy at my works restaurant in Weybridge makes them really well. Succulent and tasty not dry. I usually go for Cheese and ham or mushroom in mine. This is my fall back if the other food on offer is particularly ugly that day. There is one draw back though, the cook isn't the cleanest looking person i've ever met although i'm not aware that he smells. He does seem to have some rather 'unsavoury' skin fungus, so i try to look away as he passes the food to me. Nice guy but its the association with my food that I have trouble with.