02 September 2007

It's a dog's life.

While I remember... In fact it was reading Welshcakes post about Simi that I remembered to post this - pictures of William and Grace after their haircuts. Normally Lhasas have long hair which reaches the ground. This has proved entirely impractical for our dogs, so we tend to keep them quite short. When we first have them done they look quite silly, but also deliciously neat and cute. It turns out that Gracey has very long legs and a very skinny body, whereas William is very stocky and muscley. They might not be to everyone's tastes, but I think they're gorgeous!

(on a related note, I was talking about the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins this week. I got my tongue twisted and called it the Dog Delusion, which would be an entirely different book!)

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

They are gorgeous!

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lay awake at night wondering if there was a dog?

Anna said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

MissKris said...

Clare, Liz sent me a link to your blog here with promises of Lhasa photos, and sure enough...here they are!! I have a Lhasa also, a little 5-yr-old female named Chloe. She's quite like your Grace with long legs and a skinny body...her father was a champion. She was actually my son and daughter-in-law's dog but we recently 'inherited' her because she hasn't adapted well to the baby in their household. They also have a male Lhasa named Max who sounds like your William...short and stocky! I think they're absolutely MARVELOUS dogs!! Max is still at home because he's so laid back nothing seems to phase him, ha! He's a brown and cream mixture, where Chloe is black and white. I LOVED your photos! Max and Chloe are never allowed to get really 'hairy' either...like you said, it just isn't practical and I certainly don't have time to spend my life grooming Chloe, what with caring for my little grandson full time. Because the baby goes home at the end of the day and is no longer competition, Chloe is adapting to all the attention she gets here at the end of the day just fine. And the weekends...well, we're all hers!